Questions for My Weight Loss Doctor
You should work with your doctor to document your weight loss attempts, including all previous weight loss programs or efforts in which you have participated. You should also carefully record any obesity-related health conditions you suffer from and if they are getting worse.
Are you continuing to sleep poorly? Are you having more and more trouble walking? How high is your blood pressure compared to two or three years ago? These records will help you decide if weight loss surgery is an option for you.
Other weight loss questions to ask your doctor:
- How would I benefit from weight loss?
- What are my best weight loss options now?
- Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?
- What are the next steps I should take?
- Can you refer me to a weight loss (bariatric) surgeon?
- What should I look for in a weight loss (bariatric) surgeon?